medical marijuana amendment
The Arkansas medical marijuana amendment made the medical use of marijuana legal under Arkansas state law. Allowing patients who meet the qualifications set forth by the Arkansas medical marijuana program to apply for medical cannabis treatment.
To qualify for a medical marijuana ID card you must:
Be an Arkansas resident.
Be 18 years of age or older or be a minor patient with parental consent.
Be diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition, view list.
The completed Physician Written Certification.
State law prohibits members of Arkansas National Guard and United States Military from obtaining a registry ID card.
arkansas medical marijuana card application
If you meet all the qualifications above you can begin the registration process. We have laid out the steps you need to take to succesfully submit your registration. The steps include your required documents, physician written certification form and the completion of your medical marijuana card application.
To learn how to get a medical marijuana card see the steps below.
Step 1 Required Documents
- A Arkansas issued photo ID or driver’s license
- A valid email address
- You will have to scan or take a picture of your ID if you wish to apply online.
Step 2 physician written certification form
- Make sure to bring any medical records or doctor's note to prove your qualifying condition
- You must submit your physician certification within 30 days to the Arkansas Department of Health or you will have to get a new certification.
Step 3Complete Your Application
- To apply online visit the Arkansas medical marijuana registry, and click on "Apply to be a Patient" and then register as a new user
- Make sure you enter a valid email address, you will receive an email to confirm your account, if you do not see it in your inbox make sure to check your spam and trash folders
- Once you have confirmed your email account, you will be able to start your application
- Upon completing your application make sure to pay your $50 registration fee, your account will not be submitted until you have completed the payment
Want to mail your application?
- Download your medical marijuana application here
- Once you have completed your application, please mail it to:
Arkansas Department of HealthMedical Marijuana Section4815 West Markham Slot 50Little Rock, AR 72205
That's it You have now successfully registered
- Your Arkansas medical marijuana card is valid for one year
- If your registry identification card is lost, stolen or damaged, you may print a replacement card if you applied online through your AMMsys account
- If you mailed in your application you can complete the change of information/lost form and mail it to the Arkansas Department of Health